FOOD ALLERGY RESOURCES:
- Food Allergy Anaphylaxis Connection Team: Whether you are newly diagnosed or a long-time member of the allergy community, FAACT is your home for education, advocacy, and connections with other parents and adults affected by food allergies and life-threatening anaphylaxis.
- Food Allergy Research & Education: FARE's mission is to find a cure for food allergies, and to keep individuals with food allergies safe and included. They do this by:
- Investing in world-class research that advances treatment and understanding of the disease,
- Providing evidence-based education and resources,
- Undertaking advocacy at all levels of government, and
- Increasing awareness of food allergies as a serious public health issue.
- My Kid's Food Allergies: Keeping children with food allergies safe and healthy. My Kid's Food Allergies is to protect children through education, resources and professional connections. We strive to provide families with the best and most up-to-date information about everything food allergies. From articles about the basics of food allergies to the latest research, we provide everything you need to live and to thrive with food allergies in your family.
- Kids with Food Allergies Foundation: Kids With Food Allergies Foundation (KFA) educates families and communities with practical food allergy management strategies to save lives and improve the quality of life for children and their families. One of the unique ways KFA provides this help is through their award-winning online community. Their community is the largest online support community for families raising children with food allergies and it's free! In addition to recipes and educational resources, KFA hosts a diverse allergy community with over 20 specialized support forums for members, live chat events, photo and video sharing, and blogs published by our leadership and distinguished Medical Advisory Team. Kids With Food Allergies is now a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).
FOOD ALLERGY BLOGS:
FOODALLERGYMAMA Kelly Rudnicki is the author of the The Food Allergy Mama’s Easy, Fast Family Meals, The Food Allergy Mama’s Baking Book, and Vegan Baking Classics. She’s also the creator of the award-winning blog Food Allergy Mama. Her blog has twice been named Babble’s Top Food Blog and ranked #6 in Healthiest Eating. She has appeared on The Martha Stewart Show, Windy City Live, WGN News, ABC News as well as in numerous publications including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Parents, Parenting, Shape, Family Fun, Woman’s Day, and others.
MISS ALLERGIC REACTOR Miss Allergic Reactor shares her allergy experiences to help parents better understand how to support their child's success with food allergies and giving Allergic Reactors' confidence to discover the world!
FOOD ALLERGY SUPPORT GROUPS:
WWW.ALLERGYKIDS.COM The goal of Allergy Kids is to inspire parents to protect the health of their children with food allergies. Their goal is to make it easier to identify a child with life threathening food allergies through their universal symbol for food allergies and to provide comprehensive independent research so that you can make the best choices for your family.
WWW.ALLERGYMOMS.COM The Allergy Moms website provides support for parents of kids with food allergies.
WWW.ALLERGYSUPPORT.ORG Rhonda Riggott Stevens’ work and advocacy efforts with food allergy and asthma management have been cited by school districts, used in college courses, and written about in various books, magazine and newspaper articles nationwide. Since she has taught in all levels of education, she has a unique and comprehensive perspective on the disability designation process and the inner workings of classrooms and schools for children of all ages.
WWW.AVOIDINGMILKPROTEIN.COM Information on food allergies, nut free, gluten, and milk free food lists. Recipes, allergy related products and stories.
WWW.BESTALLERGYSITE.COM Best Allergy Sites is a food allergy information guide & directory covering peanut allergy, nut allergy, dairy allergy, egg allergy, gluten free living & more.
WWW.FOODALLERGYASSISTANT.BLOGSPOT.COM "This site was developed to educate others. It's a way to pass on what we have learned, as well as to provide an opportunity to learn from one another. Together we form the safety net...until there is a cure. "
WWW.MOMMIESOFFOODALLERGICCHILDREN.COM aka MOFAC Their Mission: SUPPORT parents who have children with severe food allergies. EDUCATE school about the seriousness of anaphylaxis. POLICY change for the physical and emotional welfare of all school children.
NUTRITION WISE / NICOLEMEADOW.COM With a focus on disease prevention and overall health awareness, Nicole guides you to take a more active role in managing your quality of life. Registered Dietitian
PROTECT ALLERGIC KIDS (PAK) Mission: To raise food allergy awareness by promoting education, while providing support to Members and their families. Cristina Stainkamp is President of Protect Allergic Kids (PAK), a non-profit organization for Food Allergies, Anaphylaxis and other allergic diseases like Eosinophilic Disorders and Celiacs, established in 2006.